What is Sexological Bodywork?
Throughout our training as Sexological Bodyworkers we are taught how to skilfully accompany our clients on their journey towards sexual fulfilment. We work with all members of society, irrespective of sexual orientation, gender and ability, in a space of non-judgment and acceptance.
Our interest is in helping people learn about what their body is asking of them, and how they can listen to it. Unlike sex therapists, we are in physical contact with our clients whilst helping them to address their needs. This can be in the form of genital massage, breath work or erotic meditation, and is always guided by open verbal communication.
It is very important for the client to be aware that they themselves are in control. It is them who guide me as their Sexological Bodyworker, which in turn enables me to use my Sexological Bodywork skills effectively. A mutual sense of clarity about what is being worked on creates a safe and caring working relationship.
It is my goal as a Sexological Bodyworker to develop a caring and trusting environment. This supportive and encouraging atmosphere opens a space for exploration whilst safely dealing with any challenges that may arise. Through this cultivation of a safe space, clients can expect to discover new dimensions of erotic learning.
Our belief is that once connected to the body, fears of past and future fall away. In this space, which we call embodiment, we can tap into our own inner wisdom and the vastness of our being.
Who is it for?
There are many reasons for wanting to consult a Sexological Bodyworker:
- Any individual or couple who feels there could be more to their erotic experience, who wants to get beyond a certain routine, discover something new, or simply deepen and strengthen their sexual relationship with themselves and/or each other.
- Orgasmic difficulties.
- Sexual anxiety, difficulties to relax sexually.
- Erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation.
- Scar tissue remediation, e.g. following an operation, child birth or sex reassignment surgery.
- Trans* people of all definitions, looking for a respectful, relaxed and fun environment to discover a new embodiment throughout their journey.
- Pelvic tensions/aches/cramps.
- Anal pleasure and health.
- Issues relating to shame / anal shame.
- Body dysmorphic disorder and sexual problems relating to self image.
- Sexual trauma / abuse issues (complementary to psychotherapy).
- Anyone wanting to explore different sexual techniques in a safe and laid-back learning environment (e.g. varied masturbation techniques, vaginal / anal fisting etc.).
Please note that Sexological Bodywork is one-way touch by definition: The Sexological Bodyworker will remain dressed throughout the session and is not touched in return by his clients.
Certified Sexological Bodyworkers are trained sexologists whose certification is approved by the State of California and the National Institute of Sexological Bodywork Switzerland.
RATES: My rates are set at £80 per hour for Sexological Bodywork